THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11/2001.........






I had hoped that I could get through today without crying. I blew it at 7:15 am.


On 9/11/2001, Louie & I were getting ready to spend the day in Chicago, and fly to California on the 12th to see my 18 year old son graduate from Marine Corp bootcamp.


I can barely remember the motions I went through that day. At first, all I knew was I wasn't going to able to see my kid, and they would send him off to war. Then my wonderful husband said " I promised you that you would see him graduate and we will. Get your suitcase and lets get the SUV packed up". We drove 2 days to San Diego. I had never experience people being so nice to each other the way I did that week. We made it time to see JT graduate. The minute they released them, I grabbed onto him and cried. I honestly did not want to ever let go of him. I don't have any pictures of his graduation, because we were not allowed to have cameras on base due to security reasons.


I was correct about him going to war. He did two tours of duty, his 1st in Jan to June 2003 and his 2nd, August 2006 to March 2007. I want to thank him and all our military who work so hard to protect us from terrorists.


Most of all I want us to remember those who gave didn't make it home that day, and those who died fighting for this country.

0 comments: