THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feeling Fit


Week 8 since I quit smoking. It is getting much easier, but I noticed the pounds stating to creep up on me. At 5'2 I can't afford to gain anymore weight. I decide last week to walk a little each evening, and to switch from diet coke to iced tea. My goal was 30 minutes a night after supper. I found that after I walked, I didn't have cravings for sweets in the evening. Last week I walked every evening for 30 to 35 minutes on the Clay High School track. Saturday I up it to 45 minutes, and over an hour on Sunday. I have dropped about 5 lbs. I am beginning to feel better. My breathing has improved enough that I was able to run for a short distance on Sunday. 2 months ago I wouldn't have even attempted to try to run. I am hoping by this time next year I will be healthy and fit. I have 2 years until my 50 birthday. I guess it is time to take my health seriously. No more living life like a kid......

0 comments: