THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Born control her Grandma.


I have such a difficult time telling this child no. Yesterday at work, while I am conducting an orientation class, my receptionist sticks her head in, and tells me my mom is on the phone and needs to talk to me. Now I am in a panic because my mom NEVER calls me, and for her to have Tena interupt my orientation, there must be something wrong. I get on the phone and my mom tells me my granddaughter called and was crying because she hasn't seen her Grandma in a long, long time and needs to talk to me.
It has been 2 weeks since she has seen me and that is forever in granddaughter & grandma time.
I called her back and told her I was at work and would call her when I get home. I walk in my house and my mom tells me that Mercy just called for me, that she is carrying her dad's cell phone in her pocket waiting for me to call her. I couldn't help but laugh. Of course I called her back. She tells me that she NEEDS for me to come over to her house tonight. Now comes the hard part, how do you tell a 4 year old NO, grandma can't tonight or tomorrow night? She turns on the tears and starts to cry, then I give in and tell her I will pick her up Friday night and we will go shopping at Toys-R-Us so she can show me the things she wants for Christmas. Amazing how fast she can turn off her tears. Guess, I have a date Friday night.

0 comments: