THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Proud Mama


I am amazed by the son I raised. I worried for so long while he was in high school that he wouldn't have a clue what career path to take. He never seemed to know what he wanted to do with his life, beside hang out with GIRLS. Then he wanted to join the Marine Corp instead of going to college. For awhile I wasn't happy with that choice either. Then I came to accept his decision and was very proud of his service to his country.
Now he is a Firefighter with the Elkhart Fire Department. Because of his background in Iraq and knowing he had to handle the bad stuff, they offered him a chance to become a Paramedic. He has been attending school 2 nights a week for the last year and a half. He called me last night to tell me he passed his FINAL exam and has two practicals to complete before he can get his license. He was so excited and I am so proud of him.

0 comments: