THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 12, 2008

Letter to Santa

One evening last week Mercy called me. She wanted to know why her brother got to come over and see the presents under my tree and she didn't. I told her that she was sleeping when Dad came over so she had to stay home with Mom. She then told me that she wants a "real" horse for Christmas. I tried to explain to a 4 year old that there are laws about how much land is needed to keep a horse and their yard didn't meet the required acreage. She knows that I had real horses and her dad had a horse when he was young. You could hear the disgust for me in her voice. But Grandma, I want a real horse.....I asked her if a toy horse would do, and she sighed and said that is ok.
My sister called me last night to tell me that she called Mercy. Mercy has come up with a plan to get her real horse. She is going to write a letter to Santa and have him bring her a "real" horse.
Now I have some shopping to do to get a life like toy horse. I can't have a disappointed granddaughter on Christmas morning.

0 comments: