THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What The Heck????

Have you ever received something in the mail that made you wonder, "What the heck"? Yesterday after work, I get home and stroll out to the mailbox to pick up the mail. As I am walking back to the house, I am going through the mail. I notice an envelope that kind of looks like a check. We get junk mail that looks like checks all the time, but it is always some kind of gimmick to get you to switch phone service or something like that.
I open it and it is a $40 check from the Indiana State Auditor. I am thinking, what is this for? Then I notice in small print on the stub. Payee: Melody Holycross (my maiden name) and Payer: John E Lee (JT's Dad). THIS IS A CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT!! I have not had a child support payment since 2001 when JT turned 18 and graduated from high school. I haven't spoken to John since Mercy was born in 2004.
I can only assume it was a payment that must have gotten lost in the mail and they just received it. With today's economy, I can't even get a tank of gas, but I was broke this week, so oh well, I am cashing it.

0 comments: