THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 30, 2009

3 Years

Monday, January 26th marked the 3rd year since my dad passed away. I wonder if it will always be a difficult week for me? I find that I am so much more emotional than normal. I watched a Lifetime movie, Prayers for Bobby and cried long after the movie was over. I went to work with very swollen eyelids the next morning. I consider myself very lucky to have had such a wonderful dad. Life was like a 50's sitcom at my house. I am getting to the point where I can talk about him more without crying. So much has happened since he has been gone, things I wish he could've seen. Things like his former employer re-naming their Employee of the Year Award. It is now the Marshall Holycross Award and the winner gets $5000 and a trip. They said that if there was ever such a thing as a perfect employee, my dad was it. That would have made him very proud. JT becoming a firefighter, he would be beaming with pride and would let everyone he came into contact with know he had a grandson that was a Firefighter. Watching Mercy & JT grow up. He enjoyed them so much, and he only had a very short time with them. Ryan graduate high school. I guess there will always be something we wish we could share with him. I have faith that he knows all about our triumphs and is there for us during our sorrows. When he died, someone said to me that life will never be the same. They were right.

0 comments: