THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 10, 2008

New week...

I am so glad last week is over. I had 4 people I know pass away. Friday was such an emotional day at my Aunt's funeral. My cousin had emailed everyone last week to ask if anyone would like to write our memories of Aunt Wilma for the minister to read at the service. I emailed her my memories. Then just before the service I find out from the minister that he wants me to read it myself. It took me awhile to read it because I was crying through the whole thing. My brother said he was fine while my cousin read hers, but when I started to cry, everyone started to cry. It was just so emotional. Growing up we spent almost every weekend at "The Cottage" she and my uncle owned. I have wonderful memories of her and my Uncle Bud. It was a very long day.
My sister Jackie decided she was going to spend the night with us. JT and Kelly called Friday evening and said they were bring the kids over to visit. They had stopped at Wal Mart on their way over and purchased food to make nachos and a Yahzee game. Just before we started to play our game, Kelly had given the kids their nachos. She asked little JT if he wanted to say the prayer, he of course said no, so Mercy said she would say the prayer. It was so cute. I don't remember the whole thing becuase I was laughing. She said "Dear God, thank you for this day, thank you for this food and God, Thank you for this "party". She is her Grandma's girl, a girl who loves a good party, even through the "party" only consisted of 7 people. I had given Little JT 2 ice cream bars and he wanted more. His mom said he had enough. I told her that he is use to getting more when she isn't there. She said how many to you give him? 5? She thought I would say no, only 3. I said no, 7. I thought she would die. We had such a nice evening. I hope my grandkids rememeber these moments with love when I am gone.

0 comments: