THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dad

It was 4 years ago on January 26th that my dad passed away. The days are easier, the memories are sweeter, but a still miss him like crazy. He was one of a kind. He was a great person and loved by everyone who knew him. Over 700 people came to pay their respects when he passed away. My family was aware that my dad knew "everyone", but I don't think we realized the vast number of people that he touched in his life. He left his mark on this earth. There are so many wonderful things I remember about him. I smile when I think of all the silly things he did. I laugh when I remember how mad he would get at me when we played cards. He took it so serious. He had to win. He knew the dates of everyone's birthday. He loved his grandkids, and he melted over a little great granddaughter named Mercy. She was Poppy's girl.

His former employer named a company award after him. The top employee of the year now will receive the Marshall Holycross award. Which includes a cash prize and a trip. They are nominated for the award. They have to exemplify a strong work ethic, moral standards, and a dedication to their jobs. As they said "If there is such a thing as a perfect employee, Marshall would have been it"

My siblings and I are very proud to have been his children. We have a high standard to live up to.

0 comments: