THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sweet Memories

Growing up my family never had much money. Our vacations consisted of a trip to Dowagiac Michigan to my Uncle Bud and Aunt Wilma's lake cottage. We spend most weekends there. It was a place that everyone went to. There would be 2 or 3 families each weekend. It was great. The adults would be fishing, cooking, playing cards. The kids would be in their swim suits from dawn until dusk. Hide-n-seek, catching frogs, turtles and fish was innocent play. Everyone was always welcome to spend time at the cottage. I have so many wonderful memories of our time there.
Sunday morning after breakfast Louie and I took a drive to Dowagiac to find the cottage. My aunt sold it about 10 years ago. The new owners added on to the front. I didn't expect for the flood of emotion to bring me to tears, but there I stood snapping pictures and crying. Remember all the wonderful people who have now passed on. I had the best childhood a kid could ask for. That is probably why my memories make me ache for a time much simpler. The cottage as I remember it.

How it looks today.
This is the same view
So beautiful.



0 comments: